“Think of your comfort zone as a prison you live in—a largely self-created prison. It consists of the collection of can’ts, musts, must nots, and other unfounded beliefs formed from all the negative thoughts and decisions you have accumulated and reinforced during your lifetime.”~ Jack Canfield
There are people who come into your life and they leave nothing behind, and there are people whose existence has the power to reshape entire destinies. And Jack Canfield is definitely a part of the latter category.
His books have inspired people all over the world to rethink the way they live their lives and understand that greatness lies within each and every one of them. May your life be forever transformed by his wisdom and go on living the ridiculously amazing life you’ve always wanted to live.
33 Life-Changing Lessons to Learn from Jack Canfield
1. Believe that you are capable of creating the life of your dreams, and you will.
“If you are going to be successful in creating the life of your dreams, you have to believe that you are capable of making it happen.”~ Jack Canfield
2. Spend your time with the people you want to become like.
“Spend time with the people you want to become like. If you want to be more successful, you have to start hanging out with more successful people.”~ Jack Canfield
3. Every time you risk and move out of your comfort zone you unveil a new opportunity to learn more about yourself.
“Every time you take a risk or move out of your comfort zone, you have a great opportunity to learn more about yourself and your capacity.”
4. The mind is your most powerful instrument.
“The mind is such a powerful instrument, it can deliver to you literally everything you want. But you have to believe that what you want is possible.”~ Jack Canfield
5. “One of the great strategies for success is to act as if you are already where you want to be.”~ Jack Canfield
6. Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what.
“Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them.”~ Jack Canfield
7. Don’t be hesitant! Ask confidently and you’ll always get more.
“People who ask confidently get more than those who are hesitant and uncertain. When you’ve figured out what you want to ask for, do it with certainty, boldness and confidence.”~ Jack Canfield
8. Each day is an adventure in discovering the meaning of life.
“Each day is an adventure in discovering the meaning of life. It is each little thing that you do that day – whether it be spending time with your friends, running in a cross-country meet or just simply staring at the crashing ocean- that holds the key to discovering the meaning of life. I would rather be out enjoying these things than pondering them. We may never really discover the meaning of life, but the knowledge we gain in our quest to discover it is truly more valuable. ”~ Jack Canfield
9. “You only have control over three things in your life-the thoughts you think, the images you visualise, and the actions you take.”~ Jack Canfield
10. Decide what you want, believe you can have it and you will.
“Decide what you want. Believe you can have it. Believe that you deserve it, and believe its possible for you.”
“Trust your gut feeling about things, listen to what others are saying, and look at the results of your actions. Once you know the truth, you can set about taking action to improve. Everyone will be better for it.” – Jack Canfield
12. Overcome your barriers, intend the best, and be patient.
“Overcome your barriers, intend the best, and be patient. You will enjoy more balance, more growth, more income, and more fun!” – Jack Canfield
13. “Gratitude is the single most important ingredient to living a successful and fulfilled life.”~ Jack Canfield
“When your dreams include service to others – accomplishing something that contributes to others – it also accelerates the accomplishment of that goal. People want to be part of something that contributes and makes a difference.”
15. “Greater self-esteem produces greater success, and greater success produces more high self-esteem, so it keeps on spiralling up.” – Jack Canfield
16. Everything that ever happens to you has within it the seeds of something better.
“Now, when anything ‘bad’ happens, I remember that everything that ever happens to me has within it the seeds of something better. I look for the upside rather than the downside. I ask myself, ‘Where’s the greater benefit in this event?’”~ Jack Canfield
17. You need to avoid toxic people at all costs.
“Avoid toxic people until you reach the point in your self-development where you no longer allow people to affect you with their negativity, you need to avoid toxic people at all costs. You’re better off spending time alone than spending time with people who will hold you back with their victim mentality and their mediocre standards.”~ Jack Canfield
18. “There are essentially two things that will make you wise – the books you read and the people you meet.”~ Jack Canfield
“The bottom line is that you are the one who is creating your life the way it is. The life you currently live is the result of all your past thoughts and actions. You are in charge of your current thoughts and your present feelings.”~ Jack Canfield
20. Life is not about achievement, it’s about learning and growth.
“I’m a big believer in growth. Life is not about achievement, it’s about learning and growth, and developing qualities like compassion, patience, perseverance, love, and joy, and so forth. And so if that is the case, then I think our goals should include something which stretches us.”~ Jack Canfield
21. We are God’s gift to each other.
“We are God’s gift to each other. Like a master composer, He brings all the instruments together, each with a different tone, each playing a different part, and He makes it turn out so beautifully.”~ Jack Canfield
22. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.”~ Jack Canfield
23. The day you change your responses is the day your life gets better.
“The day you change your responses is the day your life will begin to get better.”~ Jack Canfield
24. Take a few minutes each day to quiet your mind and you’ll reap the benefits.
“As you take a few minutes each day to quiet your mind, you will discover a nice benefit: your everyday, “ordinary” life will begin to seem far more extraordinary. Little things that previously went unnoticed will begin to please you.
You’ll be more easily satisfied, and happier all around. Rather than focusing on what’s wrong with your life, you’ll find yourself thinking about and more fully enjoying what’s right with your life. The world won’t change, but your perception of it will. You’ll start to notice the little acts of kindness and caring from other people rather than the negativity and anger.”~ Jack Canfield
25.You program your subconscious to make any goal happen when you repeat an affirmation several times.
“Repeating an affirmation several times a day keeps you focused on your goal, strengthens your motivation, and programs your subconscious by sending an order to your crew to do whatever it takes to make that goal happen.”~ Jack Canfield
“Love and fear are the two opposite ends of the continuum, as far as I’m concerned. When we are not in love, we are in fear.”~ Jack Canfield
27. If you already know how to make your dream come true, you’re thinking too small.
“If you already know how to make your dream come true, then you’re thinking too small.”~ Jack Canfield
28. Better choices make for better habits and a better character.
“When you consistently make better choices you create better habits. These better habits produce better character. When you have better character, you add more value to the world. When you become more valuable, you attract bigger and better opportunities. This allows you to make more of a contribution in your life. This in turn leads to bigger and better results.”~ Jack Canfield
30. “I consider myself to be an inverse paranoid. I always operate as if everything is part of a universal plot to enhance my well-being.”~ Jack Canfield
31. Stop coming up with all sorts of excuses and reasons to avoid any possibility of criticism or rejection.
“One of life’s fundamental truths states, ‘Ask and you shall receive.’ As kids we get used to asking for things, but somehow we lose this ability in adulthood. We come up with all sorts of excuses and reasons to avoid any possibility of criticism or rejection.”~ Jack Canfield
“Remember, there is no perfect time for anything. There is only now.”~ Jack Canfield
33. When you allow your pain to heal you will raise back up on your feet again.
“And so I wait. I wait for time to heal the pain and raise me to me feet once again – so that I can start a new path, my own path, the one that will make me whole again.”~ Jack Canfield
“The longer you hang in there, the greater the chance that something will happen in your favor.”
“I think there’s too much emphasis placed on learning things by rote that you don’t really care about. So what happens to students in school is that they eventually lose interest in learning, because they’ve been forced to learn the required courses, rather than pursing their passion.”
“Every one of us has something that we deeply want to contribute to the world. All we have to do is step up and do it.”
“When you accomplish a goal, don’t cross it out. Instead, write ‘victory’ next to it and move on to the next one. This way, whenever you have a bad day, all you have to do is to review your victories to feel good about yourself.”
“If you are not moving closer to what you want, you probably aren’t doing enough asking.”
“Let’s remember that our children’s spirits are more important than any material things. When we do, self-esteem and love blossoms and grows more beautifully than any bed of flowers ever could.”
“It is a universal principle that you get more of what you think about, talk about, and feel strongly about.”
“By taking the time to stop and appreciate who you are and what you’ve achieved… you actually can enhance everything about you.”
“One of the main reasons why most people don’t get what they want is they haven’t decided what they want.”
“If you can tune into your purpose and really align with it, setting goals so that your vision is an expression of that purpose, then life flows much more easily.”
“The longer you hang in there, the greater the chance that something will happen in your favor. No matter how hard it seems, the longer you persist, the more likely your success.”
“Sometimes you dance with a partner, and sometimes you dance alone. But the important thing is to keep dancing.”
“Taking the first step is the difference between actually pursuing your passion and just dreaming about it.”