The New Year is always a great opportunity to renew your goals and make new promises to yourself.
Through these promises, we learn about the value of honoring our words with actions and about the importance of keeping the commitments we make to ourselves.
30 Promises You Should Make to Yourself in 2021
2. I promise myself to live as if I were to die tomorrow and learn as if I were to live forever.
3. I promise myself to love myself as much as I want others to love me.
4. I promise myself to expect less from others and more from myself.
5. I promise myself to die to the past every night so that I could be born again each morning.
7. I promise myself to laugh as if nobody’s watching, and love as if I’ve never been hurt before.
8. I promise myself to learn from every experience and every interaction life sends my way.
9. I promise myself to allow life’s many challenges to make me Better, not Bitter.
10. I promise myself to never speak from a place of hate, jealousy, anger, envy or insecurity. And to always evaluate my words before I let them leave my lips.
13. I promise myself to let go of all the drama in my life and to only hold on to those things that bring me joy.
14. I promise myself to create a sense of purpose and to bring meaning into my everyday life.
15. I promise myself to live my life in a way that inspires people; in a way that always brings out the best in others.
17. I promise myself to constantly surround myself with people who inspire me, to do better and become better.
18. I promise myself to walk away from everything that no longer serves me, grows me, or makes me happy.
19. I promise myself to spend more time connecting with who I truly am underneath it all and less time chasing the love and approval of those around me.
20. I promise myself to honor my authenticity and to always show the world who I truly am.
21. I promise myself to let go of any bad habits I might be holding on to. And walk away from all those things that hold me back in life.
22. I promise myself to let go of blame and take full responsibility for my own life.
23. I promise myself to allow those I care about to be themselves without trying to twist them to fit my own image – loving them for who they are and not for what I want them to be.
24. I promise myself to give more of my time to those I love so they can truly see how much they mean to me.
25. I promise myself to walk by faith, even when I cannot see.
26. I promise myself to cleanse my inner vision until I see nothing but light – my own and of those around me.
27. I promise myself to care more about being Kind than I do about being Right all the time.
28. I promise myself to trust my inner voice and intuition more than the loud voice of the world around me.
29. I promise myself to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and kind with the weak and strong.
30. And I promise myself to allow the world to know me as I am, not as it thinks I should be…”
And these are the 30 promises that are worth making to yourself, not only this year but every year. May you find the strength, wisdom, and courage to commit to them so that you can shine your Light and transform the world with your loving Presence.
P.S. Feel free to print out these promises and stick it on your fridge or somewhere you can easily see it. You know what they say, out of sight, out of mind.
~love, Luminita 💫