“By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning.” – Lao Tzu
Knowing when to let go
We are so afraid of letting go. So afraid to put our trust in Life and allow things to take their natural course. But no matter how hard we might cling onto something or someone and try to force things into happening the way we want them to if they aren’t meant to happen, they won’t.
Things are meant to flow. They are meant to follow their own natural and harmonious rhythm. And whenever they’re not flowing, that’s only because we are standing in the way.
If there is something in your life you need to let go – toxic thoughts, beliefs, behaviors, relationships, jobs, things, etc, the ideas I will share with you below will help you get some understanding of what it means to let go and when to let go.
How to Know When to Let Go
1. You let go when things are out of balance.
2. You let go when you feel in your heart that something isn’t right. (Always trust your heart. Always trust your first instinct.)
3. You let go when by clinging onto something, or someone you are hurting yourself and those around you. (Where there is love, both parties flourish. But if fear and attachment take the place of love, things will get messy.)
4. You let go when things start to take a wrong turn.
5. You let go when you feel the pain that comes from walking a path that’s not meant for you to walk upon. (You need to be honest with yourself at all times and under all circumstances. By doing so, you will find your path.)
6. You let go when you feel yourself out of integrity and doing things for the wrong reasons.
7. You let go when you feel yourself pushing too hard and trying to force things into existence. (This is a BIG one)
8. You let go when your mind, your heart, and your soul ask you to let go.
9. You let go when the things you do and the people you surround yourself with, instead of giving you life, take the life out of you.
10. You let go when fear takes the place of love in your life. (Always remember that fear is darkness, and Love is Light. One is True and the other is a falsehood.)
11. You let go when restlessness has got a hold on you and you have no peace of mind. (If there is no peace, that’s because there are attachments to people, things, places, or ideas about things should or shouldn’t be you need to let go of.)
12. You let go when you realize that “disappointing” those around you is more important than betraying yourself. (It’s Your life, not Theirs and you need to honor it. And you need to honor all that life created You to be.)
13. You let go when life itself graciously asks you to let go. (Life will ask you to let in a gracious and gentle way, but if you refuse to listen by continuing to hold onto things that are harming you and those around you, it will hit you hard until you let go.)
And these are some of the things that can help you know when to let go. I hope you will pay attention to them. And if there are others things that helped you know when to let go, you can share them in the comment section below 🙂
P.S. Even though we have a free will and we can do whatever we please, it’s so important, to always be honest with ourselves and only do what we feel, and KNOW in our hearts to be right and true for us. By doing so, we will know when to let go. And if you need some help with knowing when to let go, this will help: