Florence Scovel Shinn (1871 – 1940), was an incredible New Thought spiritual teacher and metaphysical writer who wrote many powerful and life changing books: The Game of Life & How to Play It, The Magic Path of Intuition, Power of the Spoken Word, to name a few, that are still relevant today.
Her powerful words are living proof that Truth withstands the test of time. And that when the student is ready, the Master appears.
In my humble opinion, we need her teachings now more than ever. For they can help us take back our power and start creating a life we love and are proud of.
Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Florence Scovel Shinn
1. You must live fully in the now to make your dreams come true. ~ Florence Scovel Shin
“This is a day of completion.” ~ Florence Scovel Shin
2. Gratitude is the law of increase.
“The robbers of time are the past and the future. Man should bless the past, and forget it, if it keeps him in bondage, and bless the future, knowing it has in store for him endless joys, but live fully in the now.”
4. Nothing on earth can resist an absolutely non-resistant person. ~ Florence Scovel Shin
5. If you keep on bragging of your troubles, you will always have something to brag about.
“I knew a woman who went about bragging of her troubles, so, of course, she always had something to brag about.”
“If you run away your problems will run after you. Be undisturbed by a situation, and it will fall away of its own weight.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
“So long a man resists a situation, he will have it with him.”
7. There is no separation in Divine Mind.
“There is no separation in Divine Mind, therefore, I cannot be separated from the love and companionship which are mine by divine right.” ~ Florence Scovel Shin
8. When you send out real love, real love will return to you. ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
9. Unforgiveness is the most prolific cause of disease.
“Unforgiveness is the most prolific cause of disease. It will harden arteries or liver, and affect the eye-sight. In its train are endless ills.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
10. What you condemn in others, you attracts to yourself.
“What man condemns in others, he attracts to himself.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
11. Let Infinite Intelligence solve the problem in its own way.
“We must stop planning, plotting and scheming, and let Infinite Intelligence solve the problem in its own way.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
12. Bless your enemy and you will rob him of his ammunition. ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
“Bless your enemy and you will rob him of his ammunition. His arrows will be transmuted into blessings. This law is true of nations as well as individuals. Bless a nation, send love and good-will to every inhabitant, and it is robbed of its power to harm.”
“There is an old saying: “No man is your enemy, no man is your friend, every man is your teacher.”
13. Never do today what intuition says to do tomorrow. ~ Florence Scovel Shin
14. Make an affirmation immediately upon waking.
“Make an affirmation immediately upon waking. For example: “Thy will be done this day! Today is a day of completion, I give thanks for this perfect day, miracle shall follow miracle and wonders shall never cease.” Make this a habit, and one will see wonders and miracles come into his life.”
15. All power is given to you to bring your heaven upon your earth.
16. There are no lost opportunities in Divine Mind. ~ Florence Scovel Shin
“There are no lost opportunities in Divine Mind, as one door shuts another door is opened.”
17. All that you require is already on your pathway.
“All that you require is already on your pathway, but you must be wide-awake to your good to bring it into your manifestation.” Florence Scovel Shinn
18. Fear and impatience demagnetize. Poise magnetizes.
“I do not limit God by seeing limitation in myself. With God and myself all things are possible.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
“Man’s word is his wand filled with magic and power! Man comes into the world financed by God, with all that he desires or requires already on his pathway. This supply is released through faith and the Spoken Word. If thou canst believe, all things are possible.”
“All power is given man (through right thinking) to bring his heaven upon his earth, and this is the goal of the game of life.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
20. You can change your conditions by changing your words.
“A man can change his conditions by changing his words. Any man who does not know the power of the word is behind the times.”
22. A harmonious person is never vibrating at the same rate as a germ.
“Words and thoughts are a tremendous vibratory force, ever moulding man’s body and affairs.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
23. Change your thoughts, and in the twinkling of an eye, all your conditions change.
“Change your thoughts, and in the twinkling of an eye, all your conditions change. Your world is a world of crystallized ideas, crystallized words. Sooner or later, you reap the fruits of your words and thoughts.”
“The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy.”
24. It is man’s divine right to have plenty more than enough. ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
“Man must prepare for the thing he has asked for, when there isn’t the slightest sign of it in sight.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
25. The first start toward success is to be glad you are yourself. ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
26. Life is not a battle, it is a game.
“Most people consider life a battle, but it is not a battle, it is a game.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinngiving
27. The subconscious mind has no sense of humor.
“The subconscious mind has no sense of humor and people often joke themselves into unhappy experiences.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
28. There is no there—there is only here.
29. Little beginnings have big endings.
“Do not neglect the day of small things, for little beginnings have big endings.”
30. Giving opens the way for receiving. ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
31. Bills should be paid cheerfully.
“Bills should be paid cheerfully, all money should be sent forth fearlessly and with a blessing.”
32. No man can fail, if some one person sees him successful.
“A keen observer of life once said, “no man can fail, if some one person sees him successful.” Such is the power of the vision, and many a great man owed his success to a wife, or sister, or a friend who “believed in him” and held without wavering to the perfect pattern!” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
33. Often just before the big achievement, come apparent failure and discouragement.
“Every great work, every big accomplishment, has been brought into manifestation through holding to the vision, and often just before the big achievement, come apparent failure and discouragement.”
“When man can wish without worrying, every desire will be instantly fulfilled.”
34. You will be a failure, until you impress the subconscious with the conviction you are a success.
“You will be a failure, until you impress the subconscious with the conviction you are a success. This is done by making an affirmation which clicks.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
35. If you ask for success and prepare for failure, you will get the situation you have prepared for.
“If one asks for success and prepares for failure, he will get the situation he has prepared for.”
36. There is something you are to do, which no one else can do.
“There is a place that you are to fill, something you are to do, which no one else can do.”
37. The simple rules are fearless faith, nonresistance and love. ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
What about you? Do you have a favorite Florence Scovel Shinn quote? You can share it below 🙂