Here are some of the most inspiring quotes and powerful lessons from Dr. Seuss that have the power to change you and your world for the better.
27 Life-Changing Lessons to Learn from Dr. Seuss
“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So. . . get on your way.” ~ Dr. Seuss
2. Life is tough but you are tougher.
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” ~ Dr. Seuss
3. It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.
“It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.” ― Dr. Seuss
4. If you never did, you should.
“If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good!” ~ Dr. Seuss
5. There are no limits to how far you can go.
“So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s a Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.”~ Dr. Seuss
“There’s no limit to how much you’ll know, depending how far beyond zebra you go.” ~ Dr. Seuss
6. If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along.
“If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.” ~ Dr. Seuss
7. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go….” ~ Dr. Seuss
8. Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot.
“All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot!” ~ Dr. Seuss
“You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.” ~ Dr. Seuss
“I’m afraid that sometimes you’ll play lonely games too. Games you can’t win ’cause you’ll play against you.” ~ Dr. Seuss
9. When you play, play hard; when you work, really work.
“When he worked, he really worked. But when he played, he really PLAYED.” ~ Dr. Seuss
10. If no one cared an awful lot, not much would get done.
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
11. Life’s too short to wake up with regrets.
“Life’s too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.” ~ Dr. Seuss
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss
13. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
“Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.” ~ Dr. Seuss
14. To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.
“To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.” ~ Dr. Seuss
15. You know you’re in love when the reality is finally better than your dreams.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ~ Dr. Seuss
16. Adults are just obsolete children.
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” ~ Dr. Seuss
17. Life’s a Great Balancing Act.
“So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that life’s a Great Balancing Act.”
18. A person’s a person, no matter how small.
“A person’s a person, no matter how small.” ~ Dr. Seuss
19. Nonsense wakes up the brain cells.
“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.”
20. Think and wonder, wonder and think.
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”
21. You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
22. Be awesome! Be a book nut!
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
24. It is fun to have fun but you have to know how.
“From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.”
“Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW! It is fun to have fun But you have to know how.”
25. You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.
“You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”
26. Christmas doesn’t come from a store.
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
27. All creatures should be free.
“And turtles, of course… all the turtles are FREE. As turtles and, maybe, ALL creatures should be.”
**What about you? Do you have a favorite quote from Dr. Seuss? If you do, you can share it in the comment section below