“There are still some wonderful people left in this world! They are diamonds in the rough, but they’re around! You’ll find them when you fall down– they’re the ones who pick you up, who don’t judge, and you had to fall down to see them! When you get up again, remember who your true friends are!” ~ C. JoyBell C.
What is life without honest, real and meaningful friendships?
What is life without the love and companion of those who see the beauty, the greatness and the perfection that lies within you?
60 Most Beautiful Friendship Quotes
Here are 60 most beautiful Friendship Quotes, quotes that will most probably cause you to call your friends and tell them how much you love and adoooore them 🙂
Real friends make TIME for you.
1. “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.” ~ Robert Brault
2. “If you love someone but rarely make yourself available to him or her, that is not true love.” ~ Thích Nhất Hạnh
True friendship requires time and sincere effort.
3. “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm & constant.” ~ Socrates
4. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ~ C.S. Lewis
5. “Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time. It is not enough to just say relationships are important; we must prove it by investing time in them. Words alone are worthless… Relationships take time and effort, and the best way to spell love is “T-I-M-E.” ~ Rick Warren
6. “Every friendship travels at sometime through the black valley of despair. This tests every aspect of your affection. You lose the attraction and the magic. Your sense of each other darkens and your presence is sore. If you can come through this time, it can purify with your love, and falsity and need will fall away. It will bring you onto new ground where affection can grow again.” ~ John O’Donohue
True friendship reveals itself through adversity.
7. “In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends.” ~ John Churton Collins
8. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
9. “The only good thing about times of adversity is that you realize who your real friends and fans are – and the rest go away – which in my mind is an OK thing.” ~ Pete Wentz
10. “You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.” ~ Elizabeth Taylor
Real friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together.
11. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” ~ Woodrow T. Wilson
12. “I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.” ~ Jon Katz
13. “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life–and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” ~ Dean Koontz
There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship.
14. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” ~ Muhammad Ali
15. “True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.” ~ Baltasar Gracian
16. “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.” ~Douglas Pagels
17. “Things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend.” ~ Bill Watterson
A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect than the most well-intentioned words.
18. “The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention… A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect than the most well-intentioned words.” ~ Rachel Naomi Remen
19. “True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable.” ~ Dave Tyson Gentry
20. “The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you’ve had.” ~ Author Unknown
21. “Silence is a true friend who never betrays.” ~ Confucius
Friends make life a lot more fun.
22. “You can always tell when two people are best friends because they’re always having way more fun than it makes sense for them to be having.” ~ Unknown
23. “I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.” ~ Charles R. Swindoll
24. “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” ~ Khalil Gibran
Real friends know how to play the role of a beautiful “enemy”.
25. “Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.” ~ Sicilian Proverb
26. “A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.” ~ Arthur Brisbane
27. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” ~ Plutarch
28. “Cherish the friend who tells you a harsh truth, wanting ten times more to tell you a loving lie.” ~Robert Brault
Friendship is cheaper than therapy.
29. “A good friend is cheaper than therapy.” ~ Author Unknown
True friends can lift you up when your heart’s wings forgot how to fly.
30. “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” ~ Albert Schweitzer
31. “I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment, and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.” ~ Dr. Brené Brown
32. “When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.” ~ Henri Nouwen
33. “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” ~ Donna Roberts
To have a friend, is to be a friend.
34. “There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first; when you learn to live for others, they will live for you.” ~ Paramahansa Yogananda
35. “There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one’s self, the very meaning of one’s soul.”~ Edith Wharton
36. “The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.” ~Henry David Thoreau
Real friends can grow separately without growing apart.
37. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” ~ Elisabeth Foley
38. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” ~Ally Condie
39. “Best friends don’t necessarily have to talk every day. They don’t even need to talk for weeks. But when they do, it’s like they never stopped talking.” ~ Author Unknown
A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.
40. “The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing… not healing, not curing… that is a friend who cares. A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” ~ Arnold H. Glasow
True friendship is to listen compassionately and creatively to the hidden silences.
41. “Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.” ~ Author Unknown
42. “One of the tasks of true friendship is to listen compassionately and creatively to the hidden silences. Often secrets are not revealed in words, they lie concealed in the silence between the words or in the depth of what is unsayable between two people.” ~ John O’Donohue
43. “Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.” ~ Gloria Naylor
Friendship in general.
44. “The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” ~ Eugene Kennedy
46. “Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.” ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
47. “You can make more friends in two months by being interested in other people than in two years of trying to get people interested in you.” ~ Dale Carnegie
48. “The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.” ~ Aristotle
49. “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.” ~ Arnold H. Glasgow
50. “Do not save your loving speeches For your friends till they are dead; Do not write them on their tombstones, Speak them rather now instead.” ~ Anna Cummins
51. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” ~ Laurence J. Peter
52. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” ~ Alice Walker
53. “Friends are the family you choose.” ~ Jess C. Scott
54. “I like friends who, when you tell them you need a moment alone, know enough not to stray too far.” ~ Robert Brault
55. “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” ~ Unknown
56. “It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” ~ Marlene Dietrich
57. “The friend within the man is that part of him which belongs to you and opens to you a door which never, perhaps, is opened to another. Such a friend is true, and all he says is true; and he loves you even if he hates you in other mansions of his heart.” ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
58. “Before borrowing money from a friend, decide which you need most.” ~American Proverb
59. “A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.” ~ Attributed to Heather Pryor
60. “A good friend is a connection to life — a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” ~ Lois Wyse
And these are 60 of the many precious quotes on friendships that I love so much. Do you have a favorite friendship quote that you would like to share with us? If you do, I would surely love to know which one it is. You can share it in the comment section below 🙂