When you say Abraham Lincoln, you say America’s greatest hero. A man that was, is, and will always remain an example on how you can surpass your background, no matter how humble it may be, and become one of the most impactful personalities in mankind history. I have admired his remarkable story, personality, and wisdom for years and today I would like to share with you some of his compiled into 32 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Abraham Lincoln.
1. Strive to become all that life created you to be.
“I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
“You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.”
“Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”
3. Whatever you are, be a good one.
“Whatever you are, be a good one.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
“Every man’s happiness is his own responsibility.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
5. Prepare, and some day your chance will come.
“I will prepare and some day my chance will come.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
6. Allow things to take their natural course.
“A man watches his pear tree day after day, impatient for the ripening of the fruit. Let him attempt to force the process, and he may spoil both fruit and tree. But let him patiently wait, and the ripe pear at length falls into his lap.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
7. The best way to predict your future is to create it.
“The best way to predict your future is to create it.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
8. Success can be achieved by everyone.
“That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
“Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.”
9. It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
“In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
10. Strive to be worthy of recognition.
“Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
11. Better to be a little nobody than an evil somebody.
“I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
12. Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow.
“Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.” – Abraham Lincoln
“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”
14. Truth is your truest friend.
“Truth is generally the best vindication against slander.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
“I never encourage deceit, and falsehood, especially if you have got a bad memory, is the worst enemy a fellow can have. The fact is truth is your truest friend, no matter what the circumstances are.”
15. Do good, and you’ll feel good. Do bad, and you’ll feel bad.
“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. Abraham Lincoln
“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
“When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
18. A house divided against itself cannot stand.
“A house divided against itself cannot stand.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
19. Look for the bad in people and you will surely find it.
“Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.”
20. If you don’t like someone, get to know them better.
“I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
21. You destroy your enemies when you make them your friends.
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?”
22. To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own.
“To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
“If we have no friends, we have no pleasure; and if we have them, we are sure to lose them, and be doubly pained by the loss.”
24. No law can give us the right to do what is wrong.
“No law can give me the right to do what is wrong.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
25. An evil tree cannot bring forth good fruit.
“By the fruit the tree is to be known. An evil tree cannot bring forth good fruit.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
26. If you want to test someone’s character, give them power.
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
27. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they should do for themselves.
“You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.”
28. Those who deny freedom to others, don’t deserve it for themselves.
“This is a world of compensation, and he who would be no slave must consent to have no slave. Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves, and, under a just God, cannot long retain it.”
“Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.”
29. There is nothing good in war except its ending.
“There’s no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. There is nothing good in war except its ending.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
30. No man is poor who has a Godly mother.
“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
31. God is always right.
“Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.”
“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
What is your favorite quote from Abraham Lincoln? What is one lesson you have learned from this incredible man? You can share your comment in the comment section below 🙂
~love, Luminita💫Add to favorites