There are many things to be thankful for in life. And there are also many reasons why you should practice gratitude every day.
But before we get into those, here are some of the key benefits of expressing gratitude in life:
- gratitude makes you more optimistic
- satisfied with what you’ve got
- reduces anxiety and stress
- it creates a positive attitude
“Today is a new day. It’s a day you have never seen before and will never see again. Seize the wonder and uniqueness of today! Recognize that throughout this beautiful day, you have an incredible amount of opportunities to move your life into the direction you want it to go.” ~ Steve Maraboli
Gratitude is especially beneficial during the more challenging moments in life. It reminds you of the blessings and inspires you to keep going.
What are some things to be grateful for?
Let’s dive into the list of examples!
List of things to be thankful for
There are many things to be thankful for in life. And to give you a range of unique ones, we will have a look at them from various angles:
- necessities to be thankful for
- personal things to be thankful for
- interpersonal things to appreciate
- your unique skill sets
Now let’s see what are the things for which we should all express our gratitude.
67 Unique Things to Be Thankful For in Life
Most people in the Western world take the following items on this list for granted. But take a moment to realize how lucky you are if you’ve got the following things in your life.
- Good health
- A community
- A job to pay your bills
- A comfortable bed
- Access to food
- Access to clean water
- Fresh air
- The sun
- The moon
- The stars
- A smartphone
- Connection to the internet
- A good night of rest
- Freedom of choice
- Freedom of self-expression
- The ability to travel
- The simple fact that you’re breathing
- The opportunity to learn something new
- A sense of humor
- A positive outlook on life
- Having a purpose
- Being honest
- Being smart
- Your emotional intelligence
- Your achievements
- The lessons learned from mistakes
- A positive relationship with yourself
- A positive relationship with the world around you
- Inner peace
- A good physique
- A unique set of skills
- Your personality
- Your strengths
Your relationships greatly impact the quality of your life. That’s why you should be thankful and nurture the ones you have.
- Feelings of connection and love
- A positive relationship with [someone in your life]
- A positive relationship with animals
- A feeling of contribution
- The ability to make an impact
- Good friends
- Good colleagues
- A loving relationship
- Experience with relationships
- 10.Your communication skills
- 11.Having people to talk to
Have you already spent some time learning new skills? Then that’s a great thing to be thankful for. Even if you’re just starting your journey, be thankful for the learning opportunities ahead.
- Knowing multiple languages
You have so many things to be thankful for in life. And here is why you should be thankful for them:
- more optimism
- more satisfaction
- reduced anxiety and stress
- it creates a positive attitude
So, make gratitude a daily practice – even if it’s just for a minute.
Be thankful for the things you have in your life, from the simple necessities to your unique strengths and skills. Appreciate your relationships with others and the many opportunities you have and will get to learn and grow. And when you do that, more amazing things may happen in your life as a result of it.