When we say Grace Kelly we immediately think of the Princess of Monaco, but as you all may know she was much more than that.
She was a stunning, kind and generous woman, an amazing actress, a style icon, and a loving and caring mother.
I wish I would have found more of her quotes but for now here are 28 life-changing lessons to learn from her.
28 Life-Changing Lessons to Learn from the Wonderful Grace Kelly
“I love walking in the woods, on the trails, along the beaches. I love being part of nature. I love walking alone. It is therapy. One needs to be alone, to recharge one’s batteries.”~ Grace Kelly.
2. For to have complete satisfaction from flowers you must have time to spend with them.
“For to have complete satisfaction from flowers you must have time to spend with them.”
3. Having a teenage daughter is like riding a young horse over an unknown steeplechase course.
“Having a [teenage] daughter is like riding a young horse over an unknown steeplechase course. You don’t know when to pull up the reins, when to let the horse have its head – or what.”~ Grace Kelly
4. Is it too much to ask to want to protect your private life, your inner feelings?
“I’ve been accused of being cold, snobbish, distant. Those who know me well know that I’m nothing of the sort. If anything, the opposite is true. But is it too much to ask to want to protect your private life, your inner feelings? Lots of things touch me and I don’t want to be indiscreet.”
5. Other women looked on me as a rival. And it pained me a great deal. Grace Kelly
“Other women looked on me as a rival. And it pained me a great deal”~ Grace Kelly
6. Getting angry doesn’t solve anything.
“Why are you getting angry? Getting angry doesn’t solve anything. I don’t like yelling and fighting and I can’t quarrel, I prefer to let it drop. When people use disagreeable words, I feel crushed and remember them for a long time.” Grace Kelly
7. Anger and anger cannot solve any problem.
“Anger and anger cannot solve any problem.” Grace Kelly
“It would be very sad if children had no memories before those of school. What they need most is the love and attention of their mother.”~ Grace Kelly
9. Life is not a fairytale.
“I certainly don’t think of my life as a fairy tale. I think of myself as a modern, contemporary woman who has had to deal with all kinds of problems that many women today have to deal with.”~ Grace Kelly
10. Learning to become a normal person again can be difficult sometimes.
“My real difficulty was to become a normal person again, after having been a movie actress for so long. For me, at the time I was living in New York and Hollywood, a normal person was someone who made movies.”~ Grace Kelly
11. It doesn’t matter who earns more in a relationship.
“It doesn’t matter who earns more in a relationship.”
12. Pay attention to the memory of you that you leave behind.
“I would like to be remembered as someone who accomplished useful deeds, and who was a kind and loving person. I would like to leave the memory of a human being with a correct attitude and who did her best to help others.“~ Grace Kelly
13. Everything has to be earned, through work, persistence, and honesty.
“You don’t get anything for nothing. Everything has to be earned, through work, persistence, and honesty.”~ Grace Kelly
14. You are nobody’s rival.
“Other women looked on me as a rival. And it pained me a great deal.”
15. A woman needs ropes and ropes of pearls.
“A woman needs ropes and ropes of pearls.”
16. As an unmarried woman, I was thought to be a danger.
“As an unmarried woman, I was thought to be a danger.”~ Grace Kelly
17. Emancipation of women has made them lose their mystery.
“Emancipation of women has made them lose their mystery.”~ Grace Kelly
18. There is no freedom from press.
“The freedom of the press works in such a way that there is not much freedom from it.”
19. Keep something for yourself.
“A person has to keep something to herself or your life is just a layout in a magazine.”~ Grace Kelly
20. Who represents your country, the young or the old and infirm men?
“My husband often remarked what a pity it was that a great country like America, which in Europe is still regarded as such a young nation, should be represented seemingly only by old or infirm men.”~ Grace Kelly
21. Happiness is not a perpetual state that anyone can be in.
“I’ve had happy moments in my life, but I don’t think that happiness–being happy–is a perpetual state that anyone can be in. Life isn’t that way.”
22. I never say ‘never,’ and I never say ‘always’.
“I never say ‘never,’ and I never say ‘always.’”~ Grace Kelly
23. I’m a great believer of getting down to essentials.
“I’m a great believer of getting down to essentials.”
24. Is constantly falling in love wrong or bad?
“I was constantly falling in love, and it never occurred to me that this was wrong or bad.”
25. Never marry someone who feels inferior to your success.
“I don’t want to be married to someone who feels inferior to my success or because I make more money than he does.”~ Grace Kelly
26. Women’s natural role is to be a pillar of the family.
“Women’s natural role is to be a pillar of the family.”~Grace Kelly
27. Avoid looking back. Memories are better than regrets.
“I avoid looking back. I prefer good memories to regrets.”
28. Take the time to look into the heart of a flower.
“When at last I took the time to look into the heart of a flower, it opened up a whole new world; a world where every country walk would be an adventure, where every garden would become an enchanted one.”~ Grace Kell
And these are the 28 life-changing lessons you can learn from the kind and loving Grace Kelly. I hope these lessons will help and guide to live a more meaningful, balanced and joyful life. A life filled with memories and zero regrets. Because that’s a life worth living.