Lisa Nichols, author of No Matter What, Abundance Now, and not only, has been a source of strength, courage, and inspiration for over 10 years for people all over the world.
She has so much to teach us but for now, let’s focus on just a fraction of we could start to learn from her. Here are 19 life-changing lessons to learn from this wonderful being.
19 Life-Changing Lessons to Learn from the Inspiring Lisa Nichols
1. “You are the designer of your destiny; you are the author of your story.”~ Lisa Nichols
2. Never stop showing each other love.
“While we may love each other and never stop loving each other, so often we stop “showing” each other love.”
3. People give only what they are capable of giving.
“All the people in your life are truly doing the best they can with what they have. People can only love you to the capacity that they are able to love themselves. They can only forgive and embrace you to the capacity that they are able to forgive and embrace themselves. They can only give you what they have the capacity to give. You may think that you deserve more, and you may be correct. But that means nothing if a person simply doesn’t have the ability to give it to you.”~ Lisa Nichols
4. Your love, peace, joy and bliss are contagious.
“Do you realize that your love, your peace, your joy, your bliss can be so powerful in you that it becomes contagious, and people just want to be around you and they don’t know even know why?”
5. Tell people how to love you.
“Don’t make your community and loved ones guess what you need. It’s not fair to them. Instead, proactively tell them—in an uplifting way—how to love you.”~ Lisa Nichols
6. “Your job is to fill your own cup, so it overflows. Then you can serve others, joyfully.”
7. “Comparison is and will always be the thief of all joy.”~ Lisa Nichols
8. Trust yourself, no matter if you’ve made mistakes in the pat.
“When you give yourself permission to have made mistakes in the past—when you begin to trust yourself about making new choices—that’s when your intuition becomes reliable and trustworthy.”
9.“People are more comfortable with a familiar discomfort than they are with an unfamiliar new possibility.”~Lisa Nichols
10. Don’t stay in a negative place for too long. Know where you are and don’t stay longer than you need to.
“You’ll learn how to recognize when you’re living in the country called “Sad” in the town called “Victimville” on the street called “Hurt Lane” so you don’t stay there longer than you need to.”
11. You don’t have to be perfect to let God in.
“You need to accept exactly where you are in relationship to your Higher Power and drop the idea that you have to be perfect before you can let God in. The irony is that God is sitting on the doorstep waiting while you think you have to clean house. In reality, He doesn’t care if your house is dirty; He wants to help you clean things up. He’s calling through the door, “If you let me in, I’ll help you vacuum, honey!” He wants to uplift your life.”
12. “Sometimes our talent is plain old everyday people skills that have been lost in our fast-paced society—listening, compassion, a sense of humor, and a positive outlook.”
13. Don’t abandon yourself and damage your own self-esteem by unconsciously dreaming yourself our of your goals.
“…most people unconsciously dream themselves out of their goals. They dream so far past their current reality—or what’s currently possible—that they end up abandoning their goals and damaging their own self-esteem.”
14.“When your clarity meets your conviction and you apply action to the equation, your world will begin to transform before your eyes.”
15. Don’t be afraid to be who you’ve always known yourself to be.
“Are you willing to do the things you don’t want to do and say the things you don’t want to say so that you can become the man or woman you’ve always known yourself to be.”~ Lisa Nichols
16. “Being unapologetic means that I will be all of me. I will no longer shrink or compromise myself by playing small so others will not feel insecure in my presence.”~ Lisa Nichols
17. When you’re in the dark, turn inward and just listen.
“The next time you sense a strong emotion, take some time to put a finger on exactly what you’re feeling. Get quiet, turn inward, and just listen.”~ Lisa Nichols
18. “You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be joyful. You deserve to be celebrated. But in order to do that, you must first fall madly in love with yourself.”~ Lisa Nichols
19. “In the pursuit of not falling, you’ll never fly.”~ Lisa Nichols
And there are just a few of the many life-changing lessons you too can learn from this amazing woman. In the closing, I would like to also share with you this powerful video of her.
She really is a powerful and inspiring being.
“People are more comfortable with a familiar discomfort than they are with an unfamiliar new possibility.”
The truth is that no matter where you started out in life, you have a choice between scarcity and abundance.”
“Fear is not meant to stop you, it’s meant to wake you up, to keep you up at night preparing and prepping for your goals.”
“Dimming your light doesn’t do you or the world any good. You were meant to be great. Stand in that power.”
So often we take care of everybody and the whole time we’re putting ourselves on the back burner. This is the season for you to ‘do you’ first.”
“Do you realize that your love, your peace, your joy, your bliss can be so powerful in you that it becomes contagious, and people just want to be around you and they don’t know even know why.”
“Your whole life is a manifestation of the thoughts that go on in your head.”
“While you’re walking on your journey, some days you’re going to have to take that walk alone. “
“It doesn’t matter how the goal will be achieved, but you must maintain the conviction that achieving it is necessary and not open to compromise.”
“Recognize that each choice you made up until now has either given you a great outcome or a great lesson. Both are valuable. In fact, both are necessary. “