St. Catherine of Siena, through her presence, her love, her service, and humility, brought so much Light and so much Love to this beautiful planet of ours.
That’s the power of the holy ones.
Their love is eternal – it transcends time and space and brings healing to all those souls who are longing for Light, for Love, for Truth, and for Peace.
36 Life-Changing Lessons to Learn from St. Catherine of Siena
1. Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
2. Preach the Truth as if you had a million voices.
“Preach the Truth as if you had a million voices. It is silence that kills the world.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
3. Cry out with a thousand tongues.
“We’ve had enough exhortations to be silent. Cry out with a thousand tongues – I see the world is rotten because of silence.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
4. Start being brave about everything.
“Start being brave about everything. Drive out darkness and spread light. Don’ look at your weaknesses. Realize instead that in Christ crucified you can do everything.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
5. Fight courageously.
“And of what should we be afraid? Our captain on this battlefield is Christ Jesus. We have discovered what we have to do. Christ has bound our enemies for us and weakened them that they cannot overcome us unless we so choose to let them. So we must fight courageously and mark ourselves with the sign of the most Holy Cross.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
6. He will provide the way and the means.
He will provide the way and the means, such as you could never have imagined. Leave it all to Him, let go of yourself, lose yourself on the Cross, and you will find yourself entirely. St. Catherine of Siena
7. It is only through shadows that one comes to know the light. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
8. Lose yourself wholly.
“Lose yourself wholly; and the more you lose, the more you will find.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
9. Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
10. All the way to heaven is heaven.
“All the way to heaven is heaven, because Jesus said, “I am the way.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
11. From self-knowledge flows the stream of humility.
“From self-knowledge flows the stream of humility, which never seizes on mere report, nor takes offense at anything, but bears every insult, every loss of consolation, and every sorry, from whatever direction they may come, patiently, with joy.”
12. To join two things together there must be nothing between them or there cannot be a perfect fusion.
“… Now realize that this is how God wants our soul to be, without any selfish love of ourselves or of others in between, just as God loves us without anything in between.”
13. We’ve been deceived by the thought.
“We’ve been deceived by the thought that we would be more pleasing to God in our own way than in the way God has given us.”
14. Every evil, harm and suffering in this life comes from the love of riches. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
How many are the pains of those who hunger for revenge! They gnaw away at themselves constantly, and they have killed themselves even before they kill their enemies. St. Catherine of Siena
16. The strongest and purest love comes from admiration.
“The strongest and purest love is not the one that starts from impressions, but the one that comes from admiration.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
17. Root out vice and plant virtue.
“Ponder the fact that God has made you a gardener, to root out vice and plant virtue.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
Everything comes from love, all is ordained for the salvation of man, God does nothing without this goal in mind. St. Catherine of Siena
18. Love transforms one into what one loves. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
19. Anger and impatience are the taste of hell.
“There is no sin nor wrong that gives man such a foretaste of Hell in this life as anger and impatience. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
20. People always trust in those they love.
“Hope comes from love because people always trust in those they love.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
21. It is human to sin, but diabolic to persist in sin. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
22. There is nothing we can desire or want that we do not find in God. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
23. Do not be satisfied with little things.
“Do not be satisfied with little things, because God wants great things!” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
24. The devil fears hearts on fire with love of God. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
25. God sees you always.
“O my soul, what are you doing? Are you not aware that God sees you always? You can never hide yourself from His sight. O Father, have pity on us because we are blind and in darkness. Drive out the darkness and give me light. Melt the ice of my self-love and kindle in me the fire of Your charity.”
26. To a brave man, good and bad luck are like his left and right hand. He uses both. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
27. Much suffering is caused because of the misunderstandings of God’s true nature.
“Strange that so much suffering is caused because of the misunderstandings of God’s true nature. God’s heart is more gentle than the Virgin’s first kiss upon the Christ. And God’s forgiveness to all, to any thought or act, is more certain than our own being.”
28. Consider your possessions loaned to you by God. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
29. Whatever God gives or permits is for your salvation.
“You must believe in truth that whatever God gives or permits is for your salvation.”
30. A soul cannot live without loving.
“A soul cannot live without loving. It must have something to love, for it was created to love.”
31. To the servant of God… every place is the right place, and every time is the right time. ~ ~ St. Catherine of Siena
32. We are such value to God.
“We are such value to God that he came to live among us … and to guide us home. He will go to any length to seek us, even to being lifted high upon the cross to draw us back to himself. We can only respond by loving God for his love. “
33. God is closer to us than water is to a fish.
“The soul is in God and God in the soul, just as the fish is in the sea and the sea in the fish.”
34. What is it you want to change? Why?
“What is it you want to change? Your hair, your face, your body? Why? For God is in love with all those things and he might weep when they are gone.”
35. The soul always fears until she arrives at true love. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
36. You are rewarded according to the measure of your love.
“You are rewarded not according to your work or your time but according to the measure of your love.”
BONUS: St. Catherine of Siena Quotes
“The Devil often places himself upon the tongues of creatures, causing them to chatter nonsensically.”
“See then how He returns, not in actual flesh and blood, but, as I have said, building the road of His doctrine, with His power, which road cannot be destroyed or taken away from him who wishes to follow it, because it is firm and stable, and proceeds from Me, who am immovable.”
“Charity is the sweet and holy bond which links the soul with its Creator: it binds God with man and man with God.”
“Lord, take me from myself and give me to yourself.”
“Eternal Trinity… mystery deep as the sea, You could give me no greater gift than the gift of Yourself. For You are a fire ever burning and never consumed, which itself consumes all the selfish love that fills my being.”
“Turn over the rudder in God’s name, and sail with the wind heaven sends us.”
“Love follows knowledge.”