Superfoods are nutrient sources that pack large doses of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals. It can reduce the risk of chronic disease, and prolong life, and people who eat more of them are healthier and thinner than those who do not eat.
According to Wikipedia “Superfoods” is a marketing term that is used to promote foods with health benefits that are usually high in nutrients and low in calories.
Need of Ayurvedic Superfoods
Ayurvedic nourishment offers fastest paths to a good health without guessing which food and supplements are good for your health.
The benefits of these Ayurvedic superfoods are not only good for your health but also good for your mental wellbeing. This allows you to become a healthy and happy person with the least amount of efforts.
Ayurveda is a popular solution to daily problems that need quick, effective solutions. Ayurvedic foods promote purity, detox the body and leading to an overall increase in immunity, physical and mental strength, and digestion.
If you want to get benefits of Ayurveda, then the best way is to get it through your food. Here are some popular Ayurvedic superfoods that you should include in your daily diet:
1. Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
It is also known as Indian gooseberry which is a good source of antioxidants, iron, vitamin A, C, Fiber, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, etc. It is a sour fruit and it is found mostly in India and tropical south East Asia.
- Act as an antioxidant.
- Balances stomach acid.
- Improves muscle tone.
- Fortifies the liver.
- Strengthen eyes.
- Nourishes the brain.
- Increases vitality.
- Supports the heart.
- Strengthen the lungs.
- Flushes out toxins.
- Increases skin health.
- Enhances fertility.
2. Ashwagandha Root (Indian Ginseng)
Ashwagandha is also known as Indian Ginseng. It has a wide range of health benefits like it has the ability to fight against cancer and diabetes, reduce inflammation, arthritis, asthma, hypertension, stress and rheumatism. It also boosts the supply of antioxidants and regulates the immune system and has antibacterial and anticonvulsant properties.
- It has anti-Inflammatory properties which are found to be effective in rheumatologic problems.
- It has anti-carcinogenic properties which have cancer killing properties and reduce the side effects of chemotherapy.
- It is effective in controlling bacterial infections in human.
- It is good for cardiovascular health problems.
- It improves both physical and mental health.
- It is used as a remedy for diabetes in Ayurvedic medicine.
- It can be used to stimulate the thyroid gland.
- It has anti-stress properties.
- It is a good source of antioxidants.
- It increased the red blood cell, white blood cell, and platelets count.
3. Brahmi (Bacopa)
It is also known as Bacopa Monniera, Herpestis Monniera, and Water Hyssop. It is used as a brain tonic to enhance memory development, learning, and concentration. It is a tradition in Indian that Brahmi mixed with sesame oil messaging can away stress and improve the smoothness of nerves.
- It improves memory, mental clarity, and longevity.
- Enhances the liver health.
- It encourages normal blood pressure.
- It fights with redness and swelling.
- It is beneficial in the treatment of anxiety neurosis and mental fatigue.
- It is used for the treatment of epilepsy, insomnia, asthma and rheumatism.
- It has antioxidant, cardiotonic and anticancer properties.
- It is beneficial in the treatment of skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, abscess, ulcerations.
- It improves intellect, consciousness, and mental acuity.
- It Increases protein synthesis and activity in brain cells.
4. Ghee (Clarified Butter)
Ghee is clarified or purified butter with all the lactose components & milk solids removed. It is very fragrant and has a rich nutty taste. It is solid at room temperature but can easily be melted if necessary. It is light for digestion and has the special quality of set fire to Agni and supports fat metabolism.
- It has a high smoke point means it will not break down into free radicals like other oils.
- No need of refrigeration because it does not spoil easily.
- No issue of lactose or casein intolerance.
- Rich Source of vitamins A, K, and E.
- Nutritionally rich like coconut oil.
- Strengthening digestion and immune systems.
- Anti-Cancer and Anti-Inflammatory.
- Reduce weight.
- Reduce risk of heart disease.
- Can help in making beautiful babies.
- Good source of cholesterol and butyric acid.
5. Tulsi (India Holy Basil)
It is also known as Indian holy basil and “mother medicine of nature”. It is easy to grow and widely found in the Indian subcontinent. It is commonly found in two varieties – the green colored Lakshmi tulsi and the purple-hued Krishna tulsi. It can also be found in tropical regions of most Southeast Asian countries.
- It is a source of vitamin A & C.
- It acts as detoxifying, cleansing and purifying agent.
- It facilitates proper digestion.
- Strengthen immunity.
- Relieves stress, fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu and chest congestion.
- Helps in treating respiratory ailments.
- It has antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Helps in treating skin disorders, itching issues.
- It has herbal supplements.
- Regulate uric acid levels in the body.
- Great for dental health and for healthy gums.