“Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
Being stubborn often gets a bad rap in our society. If you are stubborn you are usually set in your ways and are considered difficult to deal with. Each of us has the ability to be stubborn and can probably look deeper at a few things in life that we are stubborn about.
Think about your own stubbornness for a moment? What’s it about? Where does it come from?
To be stubborn you have to have a strong belief that supports it. If not, the fire would burn out and you wouldn’t be able to keep up the tenacity behind your convictions. If someone were to argue with you about it, you’d have the most passionate response and you’d be sure that you were 100% right about it!
Well, a big part of that is the ego roaring which keeps you from growing and widening your perspective. However, I believe that when it comes to our dreams and other positive life changes we desire – being stubborn can be a great tool!
To be stubborn also means to be unyielding, persistent and strong willed. Now I don’t know about you but overcoming certain challenges require more of that nature!
I believe we need to be stubborn about certain areas in our lives. For example, I want to be stubborn about my happiness, positive mindset, and health. I want to be stubborn about going after my dreams and seeing them come to life.
Looking at stubbornness from this perspective can be quite supportive in shifting our lives. If stubbornness comes from having a powerful belief about something that leads to us being persistent and strong willed, that means we have the ability to create beliefs that actually support and benefit us.
15 Healthy Beliefs to Be Stubborn About
Couple that strong belief with action and you are now considered a visionary! Since we luckily already innately know how to be stubborn we can choose higher beliefs to be set in our ways about.
Here are a few positive and healthy beliefs that you can choose from to be stubborn about:
1. The belief that you are beautiful, wise and strong.
2. The belief that your dreams are possible.
3. The belief that you have the power to make changes that benefit you.
4. The belief that your feelings are guiding you somewhere better.
5. The belief that it is easy and possible to make money doing something you love.
6. The belief that being your unique self is exactly who you are meant to be.
7. The belief that your confidence comes from taking action.
8. The belief that if you are 100% the creator of your life.
9. The belief that you can grow and change from your challenges.
10. The belief that challenges in all areas of life are our teachers.
11. The belief that you are blessed and there are better days to come.
12. The belief that if you want a change, there are ways to make it happen.
13. The belief that small steps in the right direction will get you there.
14. The belief that your happiness comes from within.
15. The belief that even though you experience fear, you are still safe!
If you were stubborn about any of the above, what would your life look like? How would your choices be different? What else would you need to believe about life in order to make these true?